HOW TO CHOOSE AND KEEP A SIXTON PEAK® IN PERFECT SHAPE
Buying an excellent safety shoe is not enough, you have to take care of it, clean it and replace the components subject to wear (with the accessories provided by Sixton Peak®). In this way it is possible to preserve over time not only the characteristics of comfort and protection but also the PPE certifications.
Each model produced by Maspica Srl, a leading company in the safety footwear sector on a continental level, is the result of careful research aimed at guaranteeing workers the highest levels of safety and comfort.
The collections, branded Sixton Peak®, offer perfectly well-suited solutions for the most diverse work environments and are mainly designed to protect the foot from mechanical risks, adverse environmental conditions (hot, cold, wet, etc.), electrical risks ( anti static, EPA areas) but also the lower limbs and the spine from the pitfalls of everyday work days such as getting on and off the forklift, truck, scaffolding or rough terrain. The right shoe is there for everyone, so the important thing is to know how to choose it.
HOW TO BUY YOUR SIXTON PEAK®
In order to choose the most suitable footwear, it is necessary to have appropriately assessed the risks that these will have to face.
Sixton Peak® offers a wide range of products to meet these needs with multiple alternatives and technical characteristics and this is done in compliance with the currently valid technical standards and the new EN ISO 20345:2022 standard recently approved and soon in force.
Once you have chosen the most suitable footwear for your needs, when trying them out, we advise you to wear both PPE, carefully check the fit, make sure that they immediately give a feeling of comfort, that the toes are free to move and that the width is right, comfortable but also enveloping to avoid the foot slipping or rubbing.
After having tied them properly, take a few steps and, if you feel really comfortable, buy them!
Remember this recommendation: buy two pairs to wear them every other day and allow time to air out.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR SIXTON PEAK®
The efficiency of a safety shoe, maintaining its performance which makes it a vital element of PPE capable of offering an effective defence against incorrect posture, heavy objects, chemicals and slipping, requires constant care and attention.
Here are some good tips:
• Remove the insole to allow it to dry better
• Keep the shoe in a well-aired place and at
room temperature, avoiding drying it through direct contact with
heat sources such as radiators or radiant bodies.
• Check that the sole is not detached from the upper and check that the sole is clean: stones and debris that have built up between the grooves can in fact negatively affect the grip or the electrical resistance.
It is also necessary to keep the upper in good condition depending on its composition:
• Grain leather: we recommend cleaning with a brush and treating the upper leather with normal polish or shoe grease
• Suede and nubuck, on the other hand, should be cleaned gently with a soft bristle brush. For oil stains, spread talcum powder or starch and then brush.
• Synthetic microfibre and fabrics: should be cleaned with a cloth dampened with warm water, if necessary with the addition of neutral detergent or Marseille soap.
Do not use aggressive products such as benzene, acids and solvents (in case of contact wash with plenty of water), as they can compromise the quality, safety and durability of the PPE.
ONLY SIXTON PEAK® SPARE PARTS FOR INSOLES
The insoles have a variable duration from person to person and from use to use. To keep them in good condition for as long as possible, follow these simple rules:
• Always use socks that avoid direct contact between the insoles and feet.
• Remove the insoles at the end of the day and leave them to stand until they are perfectly dry.
• To reinsert them, open the shoe well, insert the front part up to the tip of the shoe and check the adherence of the insole from the heel to the tip of the foot.
However, the stress to which the insoles are subjected requires their frequent replacement, at least a couple of times a year, and in this case it is strongly recommended to replace them with Sixton Peak® insoles, the only ones that allow the shoe to keep intact their performance and the presumption of conformity (CE) of the Personal Protective Equipment.
Replace the laces at the first sign of wear or fraying.
LONG LIFE TO SIXTON PEAK®!
By following these warnings, you will be sure to have on your feet every day not just a simple shoe but a real Sixton Peak® PPE, technologically advanced and with excellent performance, ready to protect you and help you spend your working day in comfort.
Source: Sixton Peak homepage News < Sixton