- Technical specifications
Backhoe loader JCB 3CX All images are for illustration purposes only.
- Rated power: 55-68 kW
- Machine weight: 8135 kg
- Travel speed: 41,8 km/h
- Digging depth: 5,46 m
- Lift height: 3,20 m
+ Show more
- http://www.jcb.com/All products
- The JCB 3CX is the world’s number one backhoe loader (along with the JCB 4CX). The 3CX is a product of JCB’s efficient design philosophy, responding to today’s rising fuel prices and environmental concerns with class-leading efficiency and low running costs. In short, we’ve applied innovative technologies to squeeze the absolute maximum out of every drop of fuel. The result? In typical roading, loading, excavating and idle cycles, the 3CX JCB backhoe loader, equipped with a powerful Ecomax engine, delivers an average fuel saving of up to 16%, plus lower emissions and noise levels. Also with extended periods between fill ups, you benefit from a longer, more productive working day. But the efficiency (and other) benefits certainly don’t end there on a JCB 3CX.
- A DRIVETRAIN WITHOUT COMPROMIS
- A QUALITY WORKPLACE
- INNOVATIVE HYDRAULICS
- STRENGTH: WHY COMPROMISE?
- THE SAFE CHOICE
- The 3CX’s new EcoMAX engine is designed, tested and built by JCB to work perfectly with JCB axles and gearboxes. The Stage IV/Tier 4f EcoMAX produces peak power and torque at around 1200rpm for responsiveness and fuel-efficient matching of the transmission and hydraulics. Because the 55kW EcoMAX doesn't use exhaust after-treatment, it doesn’t need costly heat-resistant lube oils or Adblue, saving servicing costs. And, because EcoMAX can be adapted to run on lower-grade fuels, Backhoes are resalable across different territories, which boost residuals. JCB 3CX engines are tried and tested. We've built 200,000 DIESELMAX engines since 2004, and we've tested EcoMAX for 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest applications and environments. For ultimate loading performance, productivity and roading efficiency, the JCB 3CX’s EcoMAX engine delivers as much as 81kW (109hp) and 516Nm of torque. JCB’s unique TorqueLock system is standard-fit on all 81kW (109hp) powershift 3CX models. Combined with our optional 6-speed Autoshift transmission, it can help save up to 25% on fuel and 10% on road travel time. An optional limited slip differential gives a JCB 3CX superior traction and performance, as well as reduced tyre wear. The 3CX JCB backhoe loader is fitted with EcoRoad technology to provide the highest efficiency and productivity levels when roading. Fuel consumption is reduced, while machine speed and working area are increased by up to 10%.
- The JCB 3CX is designed to enable fatigue-free, productive day-long working. The cab is rubber-mounted and isolated for low noise and vibration. A JCB 3CX Eco cab is inspired by the automotive industry for familiarity. A heated air suspension seat, heated front screen, and a hot beverage machine are just some of the quality features you can find within. Ergonomic seat-mounted excavator-style controls provide fingertip control, great comfort and excellent manoeuvrability. For more comfort and less material spillage, the 3CX’s Smoothride System (SRS) minimises bounce during travel. You can quickly reset your shovel to the digging position with our return-to-dig feature too. High back-off brakes reduce viscous drag during roading and rehandling, which improves economy by up to 1%. The optional handheld tool circuit means you can increase versatility by using your 3CX as a power source for handheld tools, such as drills, breakers, cutters and even water pumps. JCB 3CX backhoe loaders are quiet places to work, both inside and out – particularly the 55kW (74hp) models, which are the quietest in the industry. Controls on the 3CX Eco feature an LCD panel detailing machine hours, service information, fuel level, system warnings and instantaneous fuel usage. A 360° view through tinted windows aids comfort, productivity and safety. Our innovative scoop design one-piece rear windscreen allows JCB 3CX operators to see right into the trench when excavating and stay dry in wet conditions.
- A new high output variable flow pump reduces the JCB 3CX’s cycle times and saves fuel on manual control backhoes. Also the variable pump provides lighter lever effort which makes control easier. Our new improved Powerslide features a larger hydraulic ram, which produces more power to quickly and effortlessly reposition the excavator. The JCB 3CX Eco has more tractive effort than ever, giving emense pushing power in loading applications. This is thanks to the new variable flow pump power management system. The 3CX’s 4-ram self-levelling loader automatically adjusts the shovel on both the raise and lower cycle without any need for manual adjustment. It also provides unhindered front shovel visibility, especially when loading at height. The optional combined hammer and bi-directional circuit provides optimised low-flow and high-flow hydraulic power with low back pressure for great attachment versatility. JCB’s new hydraulic quickhitch makes attachment changing on the 3CX quick, safe and compliant with current and future legislation. EcoDig is a highly efficient variable flow pump that provides high hydraulic flow and pressure at low engine speeds for improved fuel economy, reduced carbon emissions, lower engine wear, and extended refuelling intervals.
- JCB 3CX Eco axles and transmission are designed to withstand a 12,000-hour design life; heavyweight axles are built to withstand serious shock loads. The rear axle alone has a static load rating of 25,000 kg, and a dynamic load rating of 12,500 kg. We use stress-relieved fabrication for the 3CX’s boom – by heating materials to over 650?C for over 16 hours, we make sure the metal is evenly heated, doubling boom life. The 3CX Eco’s pre-production testing regime included 100,000 loading cycles, 500,000 excavating cycles, 360,000 gearchange cycles, extensive bump track testing to ensure structural integrity, and thousands of hours of endurance testing. We also carried out extensive EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing on the 3CX; this ensures that signals from mobile phones and radios don’t affect the machine in any way. Every new JCB 3CX is put through around 600 performance checks on the production line. Our construction materials are tested to the limit by exposing them to extreme temperatures, chemicals, salt, oil and light. That way, we know they’ll survive the most hostile conditions. For added rigidity and to protect hoses from damage the 3CX Eco has a flat plate welded to a 'u' pressing. This gives strength laterally and longitudinally. The robot welded single-piece chassis on the 3CX maximises strength and minimises weight. Hydraulic hoses are approved to work down to -40°C and all JCB 3CX materials are tested to extreme temperatures and exposed to chemical, salt, oil and sunlight to ensure maximum protection.
- Getting into a JCB 3CX Eco is easy and safe – there are large grab handles, a wide door opening, and open grid design steps that prevent dirt build-up. Our new unique integral shovel street pads option prevents ground damage from your 3CX and, therefore, costly repairs. Power brakes allow efficient, safe stopping power with low pedal effort. New rear light guards provide extra protection for your 3CX backhoe on site. You can keep a close eye on your 3CX Eco with JCB’s LiveLink telematics system; this protects your business from unauthorised usage and vehicle thefts.